The Senior Traffic Commissioner recently issued a Statutory Document setting out the approach that traffic commissioners will adopt in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in Great Britain.
The document provides guidance and advice on:
- operators who temporarily cannot meet the required financial standing levels
- operators when a transport manager is unable to attend work
- the period of grace process if the requirements to hold an operator’s licence cannot be met
- operators who are unable to access their operating centres
- the approach to be taken when considering the financial evidence of an operator applying for interim authorisation
- how the traffic commissioners may approach applications for temporary exemptions to the requirement to hold an operator’s licence
- the approach to be adopted for short notice requests around changes to local bus services and reducing the administrative burden on operators
- hearings attendance and the postponement of hearings
For regular updates, sign up to The Senior Traffic Commissioner news alert.