We are looking for Auto Electrician to provide continued support to our growing and established customer base within Durham and the surrounding area. In this role, you will ensure the Microlise product portfolio is fully integrated into the customer’s assets; the installation, service and support of our product suite and peripherals both in the UK and overseas.
Are you an experienced telematics Technical Hardware Engineer or Auto Electrician looking for a new opportunity and challenge? How about the opportunity to join a leading telematics company, who works with transport operators and vehicle manufacturers throughout the world such as JCB, Eddie Stobart and the leading supermarkets? We’d love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Timely visits to customer sites to undertake the installation, service and support of Microlise products
- Completing survey visits and identifying suitable solutions
- Completing QA visits on Microlise products and peripherals in customer assets
- Inventory management
- Responsible for the upkeep and safety of your vehicle and all provided tools /equipment
- Liaise with customers at all levels
- Provide support to your peers and contractor resource where required
- Ensure administration is concise, accurate and professional
- Adhere to all internal process and procedures
- Report on statistical information when required
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role; auto electrics and/or telematics
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working to Service Level Agreements and Operational Schedules
- Understanding of vehicle wiring diagrams and ability to interpret these
- Evidence of strong customer service skills with a professional approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to adjust style to relevant audiences
- Be able to wok autonomously, solve problems independently and adhere to agreed processes
- Take pride in what you do ensuring quality and accuracy
- Valid Passport for travel
Our Field Engineers work 12 hour shifts on a rota basis, including weekends, to suit the requirements of our customers. Full details regarding our working patterns can be discussed at the interview stage.
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and recently became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- Access to our salary sacrifice EV Car Scheme - payments are made before tax and other contributions, so saving you money, whilst doing your bit for the environment!
- Great Place to Work certified – We have been recognised by the global authority on workplace culture, so come be a part of our success!
- Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
- Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
- Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
- Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance.
Please note: The successful candidate’s job title will be Technical Hardware Engineer in line with our organisational structure.