Running a transport operation is a complex business, with effective planning a key component. When done well, it can make the difference between success and failure. But once the plan is set and vehicles hit the road, how do operators manage exceptions and issues? How do they react to change and meet customer expectations, despite difficult operating conditions?
And beyond the plan and its implementation, operators also need to efficiently and effectively record proof of delivery and manage exceptions, which can be a time-consuming process that generates huge amounts of administration.
In this webinar, Anthony Edgington of Microlise discusses these issues, looking at how technology can be used to:
- Generate highly accurate and effective plans
- Help fleet operators do more with less and deliver on the customer experience
- Gain a real-time view of the fleet vs its plan
- Analyse planned vs actual – comparing what was planned vs the actual outcomes
- Manage proof of deliver digitally in a way that cuts administration rather than creating it
This 45 minute explores these issues, talking delegates through a typical “day in the life” of a transport operator, starting with the generation of the plan, then moving on to how to execute this effectively and record key data and information along the way.