- Deputizing for Finance Manager, supervising India team and leading communications with UK team.
- Playing a key role in the UK month end reporting cycle providing:
- Financial accounting support.
- Management accounting / commercial accounting support.
- As part of the India Finance team, assist and support the smooth running of the India Finance Office, financial processing and transactions.
To provide assistance to the UK and India accounting team in preparation of accounts to trial balance, and assist with managing the India team.
- Be actively involved in the preparation and management of accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions generated by the UK & Indian offices.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts to trial balance, including monthly balance sheet & P&L reconciliations.
- Project accounting in line with Revenue recognition standards.
- Preparation of monthly accruals and provisions to ensure revenue recognition is in line with IFRS standards.
- Preparation of all sales order and project reporting, by customer, by month and cumulatively, to provide informative variance analysis.
- Posting of all financial journals.
- Preparation of adhoc analysis of operational spends as and when required.
- Review processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness making the necessary improvements.
- To assist and support the India Finance Office and the Financial Processing and inputting of Accounting transactions to Tally, Purchase and Sales Ledger, Banking, Fixed Assets, Petty Cash,Expenses, Reconciliations, etc..
- Be actively involved in maintaining all the documents that are essential for audit and the audit process in India.
- To assist and support the UK Finance Team in preparing Reports, Financial Statements, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Journals and Spreadsheets weekly up to Trial Balance.
General duties and responsibilities:-
- Support the UK office to contribute to the success of the business, and assist in improving the overall customer experience, in relation to both the UK and India Finance Departments.
- Well organized and able to prioritise own workload and that of others in the team.
- Familiar to working to tight deadlines.
- Support and promote the Microlise Mission and vision, and strategy, and contribute to the teams area of the business plan.
- Participate in weekly/monthly reviews with your line manager making an effective contribution to your annual appraisal.
- Responsible for ensuring upward and sideways communication within your team and associated teams.
- Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that relevant Health & Safety requirements are adhered to, including undertaking any mandatory training as required.
- Treat all your colleagues equally and fairly.
- Undertake and other duty or responsibility, at the request of your manager, that may be required within reason within the remit of your role.
Key success criteria:-
- Ability to assist in management of the India team and provide support, guidance to transactional staff (both India and UK) to ensure transactional accuracy on relevant transaction.
- Management & Financial Accounting Experience.
- Ability to prioritise work loads and meet tight deadlines.
- Hands on Approach.
- Attention to detail and production of timely and accurate recording of information and associated supporting documents.
- Staff supervision/management Experience.
- Qualified Accountant or working towards qualification, or qualified by experience.
- Competent Knowledge and experience in Finance, a good all rounder with competent experience of key financial statements, including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, up to Trial Balance with understand of ledger functionality.
- Advanced Excel skills including logical functional (IE, OR, AND), data functions (Vlookup, Hlookup), and array functions, and ability to analyze large volumes of data, Experienced in use of of Tally & basic GST knowledge.
- Must be business oriented with sound customer service skills, both internally and externally.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
To apply for this job please fill in the form below and attach your covering letter and CV.