Our Support Services team play a pivotal role within the Microlise Group, ensuring a speedy and professional response to issues and incidents, whilst delivering the highest level of customer support. We are looking for a Support Engineer to join us on a fixed term basis for 6 months until the end of July 2022, to support the team with exceptional customer service and technical knowledge, whilst providing expert first line support to our customers when it comes to troubleshooting. You will also work closely with multiple resolving teams, including internal and external stakeholders, seeing technical incidents through to resolution.
Have you got service desk technical experience? Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge? How about joining an organisation whose clients include industry giants such as Tesco, JCB and Eddie Stobart? Yes? This could be a perfect opportunity for you!
What you will be doing:
- Log and resolve incidents within SLA
- Own incidents through to resolution; provide user support, user administration and customer liaison
- Assess and prioritise Incidents
- Identify root cause and liaise with the Incident and Problem Management team
- Monitor, track and drive Incident investigation, diagnosis and resolution to exceed and meet SLAs
- Provide technical assistance for service issues in accordance with Service Desk policies
- Link known or reoccurring errors, major outages to live incidents for reporting purposes
- Provide factual and precise internal and customer-facing communications
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of incidents allowing effective communication with senior management and customers
- Identify patterns in incidents and possible contributing factors or causes of system failure
- Contribute to the ongoing internal and external knowledge documentation process, including common fixes and known issues
- Work with all other ITIL areas to develop and deliver improvements to processes and procedures
- Contribute to the success of your assigned Swarm, supporting other team members and sharing knowledge
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience within a technical support and/or customer-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Positive attitude; capable of working under pressure as part of a team
- Confident in using your own initiative and proactively thinking outside of the box
- An investigative mind-set that approaches issues from all angles, especially for the purpose of identifying workarounds for on-going incidents
Though not essential, it would be advantageous if you have:
- An understanding of SQL and basic SQL writing, with experience running and interpreting the returned results
- Experience of Enterprise IT Infrastructures
- ITIL foundation certification would be advantageous
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and in July 2021 became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
- Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
- Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
- Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
This role is on a fixed term basis, starting ASAP until end of July 2022. For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.