As our new Senior Pre-Sales Consultant, you will play a key role within our expanding sales team in the UK. You will be providing technical product sales support, presentation & demonstration support, proposal writing and supporting / analysing / producing sales quotations. You will also be working with other members of team to ensure that the current projects are executed to the highest quality. As well as liasing with customers on their needs and requirements of Microlise products.
Are you a technically minded Pre-Sales Consultant looking for a new and exciting challenge? Excellent at building key relationships with the ability to understand a company’s operational requirements? Passionate about offering the best possible software solution? Yes? We’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Supervising product technical expertise to business development and potential clients in the pursuit of successful sales bids
- Produce and deliver effective and informative presentations / product demos, ensuring you have an excellent understand of your audience
- Quickly gain an excellent understanding of Microlise’s broad portfolio expanding on your existing industry knowledge
- The ability to gain an understanding of the client’s requirements and provide the most effective Microlise solution, including attending the client’s sites and working closely with clients and their personnel
- Working closely with colleagues in Product Management to develop Microlise’s solutions, Pre-Sales Team members act as the Voice of the Customer – to cement our Trusted Advisor position and ensure we continue to be a market leader
- Produce high quality solution proposals and quotations in a timely manner
- Senior Team members will be actively involved with helping induct, train and mentor new team members
What we’re looking for
- Excellent understanding of software, logistics and telematics
- Preferably with 2 (or more) years in a similar role
- Enthusiastic personality in order to provide the highest level of service
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience of giving clear, engaging and professional presentations to a wide audience selling the benefits
- An excellent communicator with the goal to guide customers through the sales process
- Driven individual who wants to understand Microlise’s products thoroughly (features, packaging and pricing) to marry our offering to the customers challenges and need
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and in July 2021 became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
- Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
- Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
- Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance.