This role will involve working a 50/50 split between the field and our Head Office in Nottingham, so flexibility is key. Are you analytically minded and experienced in vehicle installation? Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge? How about the opportunity to join a leading telematics company, who works with transport operators and vehicle manufacturers throughout the world such as JCB, Eddie Stobart and the leading supermarkets? We’d love to hear from you!
We have a brand new opportunity for an Automotive Engineer to join the Product Engineering team. You will play a pivotal role supporting our already established team with product audits, product installations, and monitoring the performance of the in-vehicle Microlise Product Suite through its lifecycle from inception, through its development and into production.
What you will be doing:
• New product research installations and product field trials
• Liaising with third party contractors to facilitate and support volume installations
• Perform proactive monitoring of device performance, both in the field and in the office
• Perform product installations auditing, ensuring all problems identified have appropriate corrective actions implemented
• Investigate new vehicle architecture, both physical and data
• Perform new vehicle connectivity investigations between Microlise and Third Party Equipment
• Documenting of new vehicles types including any physical changes and new data opportunities that will impact Microlise in-cab products
• Create and maintain a repository of knowledge that includes the learned physical and data attributes of the vehicles visited
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience in a similar role, with demonstrable in-vehicle installation experience
• Full UK Driving Licence and flexibility to travel nationwide
• Demonstrable experience producing product installation guides
• Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent stakeholder management, both internal and external
• The ability to work autonomously, solve problems independently whilst adhering to process
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Accustomed to managing a variety of tasks simultaneously and will be adaptable to any sudden changes in the priorities
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and in July 2021 became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
• A company vehicle
• Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
• Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
• 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
• Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
• Employee Assistance Programmes
• Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
• Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
• Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
• Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.