Are you looking for your first step in your Sales career? Due to business growth, we have a new opportunity for a Entry Level Sales Account Manager to join us! You’ll be responsible for maintaining excellent communication within existing accounts and develop new business within existing accounts.
You’ll report into our Head of Account Management and support the team to convert sales leads into profitable business. If you love to influence, develop relationships and have knowledge of sectors such as logistics, transport and retail, then apply today!
What you’ll be doing:
- Achievement of individual and team based targets in terms of profitability on a quarter-by-quarter basis
- Responsible for the generation and conversion of sales leads into profitable business, ensuring both revenue and profit margin is maximised
- To undertake an average of four face to face meetings with customers per week plus additional sales calls weekly
- Responsible for ensuring that Microlise is invited to bid for all work opportunities in areas where we have competency, within existing accounts
- Manage several existing accounts to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and ensure the business maximises its opportunity to cross sell/upsell at all times
- To undertake sales briefings, seminars and other events to assist with pipeline development
- Responsibility for conveying expert advice to business prospects, in all areas of Product Portfolio
- Responsibility for upkeep of personal professional development ensuring knowledge of key business areas and technical developments. This will include knowledge and evaluation of sales techniques used in the transport, supply chain and mobile solutions arenas
- Provision of timely and clear quotations and proposals to customers
- To use company price book and sales collateral effectively and accurately
- Ensure any discounts are signed off in writing by the appropriate member of senior management
What you’ll need to have:
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills both internal and external building trust and relationships quickly
- Strong commercial knowledge of a variety of sectors including transport, logistics, retail and/or automotive
- Ability to work using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise appropriately
- Flexibility to travel across the UK and internationally as and when the business requires and a full driving license
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- Free Costco membership
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in! Whilst ordinarily this role is based from our Head Office in Nottingham, we suspect the successful candidate will be working remotely initially, in line with government guidelines.
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance.