Have you got senior service desk technical experience? Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge? A role where you can take the technical lead and guide others? How about joining an organisation whose clients include industry giants such as Tesco, JCB and Eddie Stobart? Yes? This could be a perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Senior Service Desk Engineer with exception customer support, SQL skills and technical knowledge, who can provide expert level support to our customers when it comes to troubleshooting. You will also work closely with multiple resolving teams; including internal Microlise teams and external third parties, seeing technical incidents through to resolution.
You will be responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced incidents and problems, delivering the highest level of support to our customers whilst sharing and improving knowledge amongst other team members.
Key duties and skills:
- Provide advanced technical support via phone, portal, email or in person
- Manage and resolve incidents, requests and problems within set SLAs - communicating effectively with customers
- Handle functional and customer escalations
- Identify root cause
- Create tools for use by other analysts, and provide continuous support and mentoring to improve performance
- Ensure knowledge articles are created, validated and published
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to recognise your audience and to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders
- To write and execute SQL server database scripting
- Create technical documentation
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to approach problems from all angles to resolve Incidents/Problems and recognise patterns
- Producing Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting if required
- Identify scope for or items for inclusion in service improvement plans
- Demonstrable experience in a 3rd Line or Senior Technical Support position
- ITIL foundation as a minimum
- SQL Server skills (Oracle or similar) and knowledge of querying databases at a high level
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interpret and relay technical information clearly and concisely
- Exceptional organisational skills and flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience working to Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
- Evident technical infrastructure experience
- Application support experience
- Experience of managing blue chip customers
This is a full time position working Monday – Friday, however the team do operate out of hours on a rota basis to support our customers where necessary.
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- Free Costco membership
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in! Whilst ordinarily this role is based from our Head Office in Nottingham, we suspect the successful candidate will be working remotely initially, in line with government guidelines.
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance.
Please note: in line with our organisational structure, the successful candidate’s job title will be Senior Technical Support Engineer.