We are looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Lead to play a critical hands-on role in the design, implementation, and monitoring of Microlise products. You will work closely with other areas of the business and our customers, providing expert technical knowledge and solutions to complex technical problems.
Our Engineering Team is over 150 strong, from Apprentice Engineers through to Enterprise Architects, and we’re currently in an exciting period of growth! We provide clear career ladders for each employee to design the career they deserve with full training, support and mentoring from senior members of the team; if you’ve got the passion, enthusiasm and desire to progress, then we will be with you every step of the way!
We offer flexible working opportunities with a low overtime culture, and relocation support for those looking to relocate to the East Midlands. If you are looking for a new challenge and have a strong design background in solutions, then we want to hear from you!
Technologies you will be using
C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, Angular, Micro Services, MS SQL Server, Couchbase
Do you have?
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable technical domain design skills
- Ability to identify Technical debt and pay down
- Strong communication skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate and leadership of the Design Review process
- Ability to implement patterns of enterprise architecture
- Proven ability in mentoring technical performance within a team and across a business, setting technical objectives and measuring progress, etc.
- Demonstrable history of working with architecture focussed road maps
- Experience defining and describing an architecture of a system
- Experience highlighting training requirements within a multi discipline agile team
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Supporting 14 of the UK’s 15 largest retailers, we count household names such as JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail as customers.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals
- 37.5 hour week with flexible working opportunities
- Relocation support for candidates looking to move to the East Midlands
- We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- Free Costco membership
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in! We suspect the successful candidate will be working remotely, in line with government guidelines. However, they may be future requirements for you to visit our Head Office in Nottingham from time to time, to support customer requirements.
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.