We have a brand new opportunity for an Automotive Engineering Technician to join the Product Engineering team. You will play a pivotal role supporting our already established team with product audits, product installations, and monitoring the performance of the in-vehicle Microlise Product Suite through its lifecycle from inception, through its development and into production.
This role will be 50/50 split between the field and our Head Office in Nottingham, so flexibility is key. Are you analytically minded and experienced in vehicle installation? Are you looking for a new opportunity and challenge? How about the opportunity to join a leading telematics company, who works with transport operators and vehicle manufacturers throughout the world such as JCB, Eddie Stobart and the leading supermarkets? We’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Perform product installation guidelines auditing
- Create and maintain records that all products across all installers are audited on an agreed basis
- Ensure that all problems identified are communicated to installers and that appropriate corrective action is implemented
- Perform proactive monitoring of device performance both in the field and in the office
- New product research installation, field services and de-kit activities
- New Product Field Trials
- Liaising with Microlise contractors to facilitate volume NPI installations
- Investigate new vehicle architecture, both physical and data
- Documenting of new vehicles types including any physical changes and new data opportunities that will impact Microlise in-cab products
- Create and maintain a repository of knowledge that includes the learned physical and data attributes of the vehicles visited
- Perform new vehicle connectivity investigations between Microlise and Third Party Equipment
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, ideally within the logistics industry
- In-vehicle installation experience
- Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrable experience producing product installation guides
- Excellent stakeholder management, both internal and external
- The ability to work autonomously, solve problems independently whilst adhering to process
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Accustomed to managing a variety of tasks simultaneously and will be adaptable to any sudden changes in the priorities
- Full UK Driving Licence and flexibility to travel nationwide
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
- Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
- We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
- Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
- Free Costco membership
- 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in! Whilst ordinarily this role is based from our Head Office in Nottingham, we suspect the successful candidate will be working remotely initially, in line with government guidelines.
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Please note: for the successful candidate your job title will be Product Support Engineer, in line with our organisational structure.