Your name and your current role in the organisation?
Harshwardhan Damle, Operations Manager.
How has your career path evolved since you joined Microlise?
I started my career with Microlise as a Program Manager to manage development teams, worked closely with HR on the recruitment front to grow the team in India. My role changed to Development Manager in 2016 to work more closely with development teams and increase the velocity per sprint cycle. I moved into Delivery as Program Manager in 2017 to handle projects and customers from the APAC region. I worked with customers in India, the Middle East and Australia. I moved into Operations Management in 2019 to create a roadmap to have India as the Global Application support centre working 24 x 7.
Why have you stayed working with Microlise for the period you have?
I had past experience as a business unit head. When I reviewed Microlise’s company profile I found that my experience could be well utilised and as a start up, that I would have the freedom to work on a number of things that I wanted to. The company profile was also promising with a strong financial background and good products matching the technologies I had worked on in previous organisations.
What has been your career highlight during your time at Microlise?
There have been so many it’s hard to pick just one. A few key highlights would be:
- Growing teams in India
- Training, stabilizing and progressing the the Indian team’s performance
- Successfully managing large projects
- Stabilizing operations in Application Support
- Working on Microsoft Gold partnership for both India and the UK
- Contributing to infrastructure projects for our offices in India
- Directing the video for the Indian office and employee interviews
- Establishing different committees focused on work/life balance – Microlise Cultural committee, Microlise CSR committee & the Microlise Sports Committee.
How would you describe the culture at Microlise?
It is a very open culture. Being a medium sized company, there is an informal process for working across departments. People know each other. The work life balance is well maintained.
What would you like to say to the people who are looking forward to joining Microlise?
The company is like a full-grown tree that can give you good fruit. Deep rooted in its products that are in existence since 1998 and with a strong financial background that will give you security and good options to grow within the organisational hierarchy. Just prove your skills and keep growing as the company does.